Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's a phase.

I learned something this week.

I learned that what I'd formerly thought of as "my best years" and also, "my life thus far" is actually referred to as "premenopause." I feel a little silly for not knowing my whole life was one giant lead-up to post-menopause.




Ladies! We have got to change the conversation with our female children! No longer should they be called little girls, they should henceforth be known as premenopausitas. No longer will there be any confusion as to gender of infant, toddler, child, tween, teens, young adults, "legal", twenty-something, thirty-something and early-forties. Those should have entirely male connotation.

It's liberating, no, my peri pals?

Incidentally, here's the same chart for men.



And this is my little slice of hell right now.





Footnote:
<> No young teen of Evangelical parents who had unprotected sex with multiple partners was EVER more happy to start their period then I was on that day.

Until next time my Premenopausitas, Peris and Postals.

1 comment:

  1. And menopause, the touchstone of our lives, is only momentary. I find that disturbing. Good news: Postmenopause has been rejuvenating for me!

    ReplyDelete